LOOKING TO JOIN MY LATEST CHALLENGE ( VALENTINE'S DAY PROJECT NOT A CARD)?? PRIZE SPRING HOLIDAY CARDS CRICUT CARTRIDGE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES 2-9-11 at Midnight PST. CLICK HERE
I am currently STILL having major issues with youtube, so the video I recorded for this project will have to come later.
I am so happy to be apart of the Birthday Blog-aversery Blog Hop that Nicol And Meighan have put together.
The theme for this blog hop was Holiday Inspired Birthdays and immediately when I heard of this theme, i instantly thought of my little brother's birthday and Fourth of July. Even though his birthday is not until July, I quickly got started on an idea for his card. His Birthday falls 2 days after 4th of July and nearly always has a red white and blue theme since the those party supplies are always on a good sale in time for his party.
I used B is for Boy to cut the robot at 2 inches, I used my gypsy to hide contour the face cuts.
I cut a range of stars from George & Basic Shapes from .5-1.5 inches in Red and Blue with the largest being white star
I cut the navy blue cardstock at 4x5 inches then attached 1 inch circles in the same navy blue cardstock onto it to make it appear to be embossed with large polka dots. I then sliced the bottom of the piece at an angle.
I then went ahead and layed my robot onto that cardstock piece and the parts that overhung the angled cut I trimmed off using my scissors.
I arranged the trim of stars across the diagonal angle I created alternating colors.
The number 6 is cut from Birthday Bash font at 1.25 inches
Using my Sakura Microperm pen I doodled a cute face onto the robot as well as a dial onto him, I colored his face and dial using a Copic Marker
The sentiment stamp comes from Scrappy Moms Stamps Happy Hauntings.
I hope you enjoyed my card.
For my Blog candy for this hop I am offering a 10 dollar gift certificate to PEACHY KEEN STAMPS.
1. Make sure you are a follower
2. Leave a comment on this post with CONTACT EMAIL.
3. for an extra comment , head on over to my facebook page and like me, make sure you leave a quick comment on the wall. for easier access you can use my toolbar below where it says "facebook" so you don't have to leave this page.
4. for another extra comment, head over to my youtube channel and subscribe to my video tutorials
you will get a maximum of 3 comments, if you are already a follower, and like me and subscribe make sure you leave your 3 comments as well and let me know.
You have until Monday to hop through and leave your comments,
I will announce the winner of the blog hop at my FEBRUARY U-STREAM CLASS on 2/25 at 10pm est. WINNERS DO NOT NEED TO BE THERE TO WIN, but of course it's always nice. I will have the winners posted on my blog on 2/26 as well.
after you leave your comments head on over to Chris, she's next
I have included the hop list at the bottom of this post so you don't get lost.
Blog hop list
1. Meighen - http://scrappin3rdeeschik.blogspot.com/
2. Jennifer - http://creativearmywife.blogspot.com/
3. Liset - www.hailemnat.blogspot.com
4. Jill - http://thescrapoholic.blogspot.com/
5. Pam - http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/
6. Jess - http://www.kinderstampo.com/
7. Dawn - http://www.pinkyswrspaper.blogspot.com/
8. Tracey - http://thecroppingcanuck.blogspot.com/
9. Martha - http://pattisscrapingtime.blogspot.com/
10. Janie - www.typicalscrapbooker.com
11. Madison - www.funkycards.blogspot.com
12. Shannon - www.purplelionpaper.com/blog
13. Jenny - http://jennyplace26.blogspot.com/
14. Christine - www.scrapbookingtechnique.blogspot.com
15. Jessica - www.thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com
16. Corri - http://www.buglvr.blogspot.com/
17. Lisa - http://bitbythecricutbug.blogspot.com/
18. Cristina -http://www.craftingwithcristina.com/ YOU ARE HERE
19. Chris -http://stinkydogdesigns.blogspot.com/ SHE IS NEXT
20. Nancy - http://fancywithnancy.blogspot.com/
21. A Scrap Above - http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com/
22. Holly - http://www.kricutkween.blogspot.com/
23. Danielle - http://fundamentalchange.blogspot.com/
24. DD - http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/
25. Shelley - http://heartstring-designs.blogspot.com/
26. Mel - http://scrappymel.blogspot.com/
27. Kathy - http://kathyscozies.blogspot.com/
28. Ellen - http://lifeatwalnuthill.blogspot.com/
29. Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
30. Liz - http://www.lizspaperloft.blogspot.com/
31. Denise - http://deesdesignsfrommyheart.blogspot.com/
32. Nicole - http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.com/