Fall is upon us!
For many of us that means changing leaves, cooler weather and pumpkin patches. For me, it means my daughter is another year older.
This year she has decided that she wants to have a "Strawberry Shortcake" Birthday party and therefore I have been tasked to start the massive decorating process.
Then it hit me, THEMED ITEMS ARE EXPENSIVE. And with more than 3/4 of her preschool class attending. I needed to come up with some way to make affordable treat bags that would save me money and not be too time consuming, but still be very cute.
Enter my Peachy Keen Stamps and old fashioned ingenuity.
Here is my quick supply list
- Lunch Bags
- Scissors or a paper Trimmer
- Strawberry Shortcake Licensed Confetti
- Scraps from This paper Stack
- Timeless Twine in Strawberry Cupcake
- 2- inch scallop circle punch
- 1 3/8- inch Circle punch
- Peachy Keen Stamps (PK-239 Faceless Fruit & PK-562 Gnomegrown)
- Black ink
- Crumb Cake ink (or versamark would work too)
- Hole punch or Just use your Crop-a-dile
Here is the quick step by Step
- Take a Lunch Bag and Fold it in half
- .Using the Bottom Flap as a Guide Trim The bag to make it smaller.
- . Stamp the front of the Bag using PK-239 Faceless Fruit and Crumb Cake ink.
- Fill your Bag with your Candies & Goodies
- Fold over the top of the paper bag, must like you would a lunch bag, NEATLY using your bone folder to crease it over as you go. This makes all the difference
- Punch 2 holes equidistant from the sides in teh bag in the top flap of the bag
- Thread some twine through the holes
- Using Various Punches, assemble your Character Tag then punch a hole using a hole punch
- Thread your twine through the Character tag and tie it off in a Bow
- Stamp Your Thank You Sentiment from PK-562 Gnomegrown on a 1 inch strip some coordinating Pattern Paper and cut one side to a banner edge
- Adhere to the front of your treat bag using Foam tape
I could also see something like this is a Halloween Theme using PK-130 Spider and Web. Just Stamp the Spider Web all over your bag, creating the tag using the spider, with
maybe some Halloween themed ribbon/twine and papers.
Just another idea :)